Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 13:29:58 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Mike Schmitt <mike@dizzydev.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booting 3.1

Mike Schmitt wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install 3.1-RELEASE on a Pentium 233MMX system.  I boot off
> the floppy, and can easily install the entire system off a network
> connection.  After installation, though, the system boots, I hit F3 to get
> FreeBSD to boot, and the entire system locks up tight.  Any ideas on how to
> proceed?

Begin by describing what you see during the entire boot process, and
quoting the last few lines you see. FreeBSD bootstrapping is a
many-stages process, and saying that it freezes doesn't give us the
slightest clue on what is freezing.

Second, describe your hardware. "Pentium 233MX" is *not* enough.
Disk controllers, disks, ram memory, motherboard, chipset,
everything you can provide. Usually, the problem is located in the
one piece of information omitted.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Proof of Trotsky's farsightedness is that _none_ of his
predictions have come true yet."