Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:27:33 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, michaelh@cet.co.jp, jkh@time.cdrom.com, rkw@dataplex.net, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

> > It is a fit.  It is not "the optimal fit", which is what this whole thread
> > has been about -- system engineers, like me and Richard, compalining about
> > the process itself not being meta-engineered.
>
> And those of us who are actually doing useful work complain about too
> much flamage about the process from those who aren't.

And those of us who are also doing useful work object to the scope of
your definition of "useful" being context bound to those who are
already members of the core team.

To be blunt, Uther Pendragon complained about about "flamage" as well,
as he went out with his small cadre to build England.  The process
involved was not a benefit to those not in the self-appointed class
"fuedal lord", whose lacking attribute distinguishing them was their
unwillingness to ride rough-shod over their fellows to advance
themselves.

Please consider the situation from the standpoint of project rather
than personal goals.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---