Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:14:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      Steve Jorgensen <steve@khoral.com>
To:        jpaetzel@hutchtel.net (Josh Paetzel)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pserver authentication

Josh Paetzel wrote
>> > Hi, I'm trying to set up a cvs pserver on my FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE
>> > box built as of Jan 29 or so.  Anyway, no matter what I seem
>> > to do, I can't get cvs login to work, and I'm wondering if
>> > this is because of some special FreeBSD thing.  I have it
>> > configured the same way as our Solaris box at work, so
>> > I'm pretty sure the cvs side of things is right.  Is pam, or
>> > login.conf or something else getting in my way?
>>
>> A shot in the dark, but I just took a system from 4.2-R to 4.2-S the
>> other day, and forgot to run mergemaster.  As a result /etc/pam.conf
>> was invalid, and it caused all sorts of interesting authentication
>> problems.

	Actually, I figured out the problem.. I had a typo in
	my --allow-root entry in my inetd.conf file to a
	non-existant path, which means cvs disallowed any
	authentication.  Yes, I feel pretty stupid right about
	now.. :)  Thanks for the suggestion though, and
	sorry for the false alarm..  It's the little things
	that get you.

					Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	 steve@spukhaus.com