Date:      Tue, 29 Sep 1998 13:23:52 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux looms large: Intel, Netscape slap NT, will invest in Red Hat

> You would rather that Linux wasn't growing, and that everyone was
> sticking with WindowsNT?

Yep, I'm getting tired of all the rabid Linux weenies in the univerisity
here (esp. the CS dept).  I'm probably around more of them due to the
student/university setting I'm in.  I think BSD can win people over from
NT, so I don't see the need to go thru Linux to get market share.

Also, for what I do in my research lab, I often have to port things
written on Linux to BSD, Solaris, SunOS, and Irix.  I'm quite tired of
the totally non-portable stuff that Linux perpetrates with its NIH
syndrome.  Network headers being the worst.

Frankly, I just assume see Linux die.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.ucdavis.edu  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)