Date:      Sun, 28 Nov 2004 09:42:33 +1030
From:      Ian Moore <imoore@picknowl.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Adam Fabian <afabian@austin.rr.com>
Subject:   Re: Remembering defines for port upgrades.

--nextPart16200832.OVF8Ru8JAg

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 09:25, Adam Fabian wrote:
> I've been sticking options like WITHOUT_TTF_BYTECODE_ENABLED=3Dyes (for
> freetype2) in /etc/make.conf.  It's been working, for the actual
> building of the port.  The downshot is that it seems to drive the
> package tools nuts. (portupgrade makes strange errors, make index
> fails).  Is there any other/better way to remember build options so
> that I don't have to remember them every time I build a port?

I belive /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf is the correct place to put port=20
specific switches. Take a look at Dr. Dru's article on ports at=20
http://www.onlamp.com/lpt/a/4165

In particular:
> If you ever plan on using portupgrade to upgrade mplayer and wish to use =
the=20
same arguments, you have a choice. Either count on your ability to remember=
=20
to use the m switch to specify your make arguments with portupgrade:
>=20
> =20
> % portupgrade -rRm '-DWITH_GUI' '-DWITH_FREETYPE' mplayer
> =20
>=20
> or spend a moment and add those switches to /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
>=20
> =20
> MAKE_ARGS =3D {
>     'multimedia/mplayer-*' =3D> 'WITH_GUI=3D1 WITH_FREETYPE=3D1',
> }

Cheers,
=2D-=20
Ian Moore