Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 2004 17:49:32 +1000
From:      freebsd@stateautomation.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Telnet - can't telnet is as root

I would like to telnet into my 4.9 RELEASE box using root.  Currently when I
try to telnet in as root I get the reply
"LOGIN root REGUSED (NOROOT)".  Does anyone know how I can configure my
system to allow root to directly telnet in.  I know that I can telnet in as
a standard users then 'su' to switch to root.  Is there any reason why I
should configure my system so that I can telnet in directly as root?
Thanks.

Regards,
J.S.