Date:      Sat, 26 Oct 2002 08:56:58 -0500
From:      Walter <walterk1@earthlink.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   4.6.2 spurious reboot, fwiw

As a "newbie" reading the e-mails in the forum, I'd
like to mention that the log (from 'last') shows my
FBSD 4.6.2 system rebooted a little after 2 last night.
I had 'telnet'ed' in and had been playing some games
but had logged off by 10:30 and didn't log in again
until 7ish this morning.

Fwiw, I'm very new to *nix and have been leaving
the FBSD box on all the time, connected to the internet
via cable-modem, with an open firewall, with telnet
and ftp emabled. :-]  So security is very low...
I had also recently recompiled a "I586_CPU" build,
among other changes.

(Maybe this has bearing on the "4.7 is rebooting on its
own" posts, maybe not, but I'd thought I'd mention this,
as the best hidden bugs are the ones that have been there
for a while but only really manifest themselves later on.)

Walter