Date:      Thu, 30 May 1996 01:09:48 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fcurrent@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        dyson@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VM problems 05/29/96

> 	Sorry I was not able to send you the output over the weekend.
> But, I just got done testing your VM changes you submitted on 5/29 and
> things are getting better.

I'm still having the same problems with Emacs 8-(

I rebuilt my kernel with all last night's changes, rebooted and
started X, and started a debug kernel build in one virtual screen. In
another, I attempted to start Emacs 6 times. The results of this
were:-

2 failures with sig 10
1 failure with sig 11
1 occasion where Emacs never actually appeared, but ran wild in the
background.
1 occasion where it worked normally, apart from a few strange error messages.
1 occasion where the machine locked up solid (I still don't get any panics).

Sorry.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
jraynard@dial.pipex.com