Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:50:36 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org, asami@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: libc shlib version

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 08:05:17AM -0800, John Polstra wrote:
> > I'm not sure if I understand.  I thought the issue was just bumping
> > the values of SHLIB_MAJOR in libc/Makefile and libc_r/Makefile and
> > rebuilding everything.
> Somebody has to put together a new compat package too.

I guess that would be me as I'm the one it fell to in the past.

> > Or is there something that you (as *the* compiler guru) need to do? :)
>
> No.  I was just trying to make sure nobody got the false impression
> that I planned to take care of this problem.  I'd love to help, but
> I don't have time this week.

I'm going to go ahead and bump -current's libc today in preparation of
doing in -stable if it comes down to it.  I know Garret has been waiting
to make some changes that would need a bump anyway.  So it won't be
wasted.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)
          GNU is Not Unix / Linux Is Not UniX