Date:      Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:49:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      paleph@pacbell.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Qustion on how to install a Japanese enabled BSD system

I have a friend that will be visiting from Japan and I am trying
to install a FreeBSD machine with some of the Japanese software from
the ports collection. So far I haven't had much success.

The only documentation I've been able to find is in Japanese. Does anyone
have English instructions or could point me at English documentation/URL
on how to install a Japanese enabled BSD system? I've borrowed a Japanese
keyboard (Acer keyboard) from a friend but haven't been able to get the system
to recognize either Hiragana or Katakana...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paul Fronberg
paleph@pacbell.net