Date:      Mon, 30 May 2005 22:30:31 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Error whlie making release

Hello there,

I have a fairly new desktop machine. The motherboard is an asus a8n-sli
deluxe. As I've heard the nForce4 and the Marvell NICs are only
supported in -current. So I would like to use a -current system on my
desktop machine, but the official amd64 snapshots on current.freebsd.org
are quite old, thus I decided to build a new one. I have a FreeBSD
5.3-p15 server where I can make a release. I downloaded the current
source (not cvs, just the source) to /usr/src/current and I started the
build with the following macros:

DATE != date +%Y%m%d
BASE = 6-CURRENT
BUILDNAME?=${BASE}-${DATE}
CHROOTDIR=/home/tux/current
EXTSRCDIR=/usr/current/src
CVSROOT=/usr/current/src
MAKE_ISOS=YES
NO_FLOPPIES=YES
NODOC=YES

After filling in the /usr/obj with cd /usr/current/src && make
buildworld, I typed make release, and the build process halted with the
following:

+ cd /usr/ports^M
+ rm -f INDEX*^M
+ make index -DINDEX_PRISTINE^M
Generating INDEX-5 - please wait..at-spi-1.6.4:
"/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk20" non-existent -- dependency lis
===> accessibility/at-spi failed^M
*** Error code 1^M
deepforest-1.0a: "/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/tkstep80" non-existent --
dependency list incomplete^M
===> archivers/deepforest failed^M
*** Error code 1^M
2 errors^M
^M
********************************************************************^M
Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported^M
version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you^M
have a complete and up-to-date ports collection.  (INDEX builds are^M
not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections -- in^M
particular, if you are using cvsup, you must cvsup the "ports-all"^M
collection, and have no "refuse" files.)  If that is the case, then^M
report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with relevant^M
details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD version,^M
^M
Note: the latest pre-generated version of INDEX may be fetched^M
automatically with "make fetchindex".^M
********************************************************************^M
^M
*** Error code 1^M
^M
Stop in /usr/ports.^M
*** Error code 1^M
^M
Stop in /usr/ports.^M
+ umount /dev^M
*** Error code 1^M
^M
Stop in /usr/current/src/release.^M

Sorry for the Windoze-style CR-LFs, the script utillity has made it. The
result was the same when I tried to build with checking out from cvs.

Please help me to get around this,

Cheers,

Gábor Kövesdán