Date:      Sun, 21 May 2006 20:13:50 -0400
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        "Marwan Sultan" <dead_line@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: quota and /var/mail

At 07:37 PM 21/05/2006, Marwan Sultan wrote:

>  No when I enabled quota I did the configuration on /usr
>  shall i enable it on /var to?
>  then how to make the sendmail or the shell reads the user quota on
> his home directory and
>  his /var/mail/$username ?

Hi,
         It all depends on how you have it mounted.  Quotas follow
the partition. So if you have /var/mail as its own partition, you
need to do it there. If you have /var/mail as a subdirectory of /var
than do it on /var.

What is the contents of /etc/fstab on the box ?

>  if webmin can read the home directory quota and add to it the
> /var/mail/$userInbox size
>  then for sure I can do it some how?

I dont use webmin so I am not sure how it calculates things.

         ---Mike