Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 18:14:49 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
To:        Giannis Vlachos <gvlachos@kerkyra.ionio.gr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Script for dialup users

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Giannis Vlachos wrote:

> Hello to anyone on the lists of FreeBSD.
>
> I have build my dialup server on Freebsd 2.2.2 version.
>
> The users who they are connected using Win95 need a script
> for automatically login (Not the old fashion type with the
> black window verifacation login : and Password: )
>
> I try one . It takes the login name correctlly but at the password
> the script halted and i have to continue manually and to type the password
> by hand.
>
> Does anyone have any solution for this case?
>
> I want to say thanks in advance.

I think everyone thinks you're having problems with a fbsd chat script.
Is it the Windows Dial-Up Scripting you're having problems with?  If so,
this is not the place to get help on it.  There are gobs of sites on the
web that tell you how to get a DUN Script to work.  There are also sample
scripts included (ppp.scp and slip.scp).  Modify them as necessary.

Or, like some people said, use PAP/CHAP on the server.

For those who wondered..the "black window" is a post-dial terminal window
allowing for UNIX style login after a connection is made.