Date:      Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:00:08 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Best Kernel Settings -- AMD K6-III

Got a question (or two).  What is the recommended set of flags to use for
an AMD K6-III on 3.2-RELEASE?

I noticed:

    options CPU_WT_ALLOC

in LINT.  Would I be wise to enable it (i.e. is it stable)?

How about NO_MEMORY_HOLE?

Also, do I need to do anything to enable Write Combining?  I believe my
BIOS enables it by default, but I'm not sure if that carries over across
FreeBSD boot.

How about MTRRs (no "MTRR" in my Features line).  Anything I need to/can do
to set those up?

Thanks,

Randall