Date:      Sat, 4 Nov 2000 20:15:44 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        satkal79@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: Mount Floppy and Configure Sound

* satkal79@yahoo.com <satkal79@yahoo.com> [20001104 15:40]:
=>Dear Sir ,
=>How to use my floppy disk drive ?? ....i m not sure on
=>the command , pls someone help me.

Assuming that you own this system, just put yourself in the group 'wheel'
(/etc/group) then create a directory (herein called a mount point) in your
home directory where you'll be mounting the floppy disk. I suggest you
call it floppy3

admin:~$ less /etc/group | grep wheel
wheel:*:0:root,admin

So go to where this wheel is and add your username there..it becomes
wheel:*:0:root,admin,your_login_name

Then in your home directory,
mkdir /floppy3

You can use the 'sudo' command to mount the floppy disk now. Put it in the
drive and type

sudo mount_msdos /dev/fd0 floppy3

It asks for a password - just type the same password you always login with
as this particular user and press ENTER
Now you can read/write to from/to floppy disk.
cd floppy3
ls -al
cp filea some_destination_directory
less file_name
anything.....

NB: Before removing the floppy from the drive please please remember to
UNMOUNT it....

type cd to get out from it, then

sudo umount floppy3

Key in the password again and press ENTER. Now you can eject the floppy.

=>I m using Creative
=>Vibra 128 bits sound card , i m eager to configure my
=>sound card ...pls someone help me in going abt the
=>configuration....

Sorry I have no idea about this. Someone else may assist....

HTH

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

I'm not handsome in the classical sense. The eyes droop, the mouth is crooked,
the teeth aren't straight, the voice sounds like a Mafioso pallbearer, but
somehow it all works. -Sylvester Stallone