Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:11:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
Cc:        Koroush Saraf <koroush.saraf@lmco.com>, FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: XFree86 runs as root but not as user!

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> have you installed /usr/ports/x11/wrapper? -Adam

Isn't there also an Xwrapper binary?  Is the wrapper to which you refer
secure and bug-free?  It sounds like it creates a situation where users
"get around" some kind of hurdle, rather than root simply chmod'ing some
dirs or binaries.  By the way, can anyone explain the following??

# man wrapper
No manual entry for wrapper
# pkg_add -r wrapper
Fetching ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/Latest/wrapper.tgz... Done.
# man wrapper
No manual entry for wrapper
# rehash
# man wrapper
No manual entry for wrapper

How is a user expected to learn what this is and what it does?  Thanks,

--
Peter Leftwich
President & Founder