Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 1997 22:51:16 +1000
From:      Stephen McKay <syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, syssgm@dtir.qld.gov.au
Subject:   Re: reverse DNS not all bad

On Friday, 28th November 1997, "Jonathan M. Bresler" wrote:

>	are you still getting rejected?
>
>	the '550 Access denied' was a different problem, which has been
>	resolved.

No, it's fine now.  I suspected it was a global cockup because of the bald
and uninformative error message.

>	sadly it took about 24 hours to get fixed.  had people
>	sent me mail earlier i could have fixed it earlier.
>
>	postmaster@freebsd.org

I did my best, but it rejected all my traffic.  It refused me even the
"help" command.  My ssh keys were at home, so I had to give up.

It's really quite tricky to get around this sort of problem.  As anti-spam
measures are taken up by people with less and less experience I expect more
of this.  Oops, that looks like a sly dig.  You know what I mean, I hope.

Stephen.