Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:46:40 +0200
From:      "Pelle Andersson" <pelle@spd.nu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adding network & IP to hosts.deny

Hi!

I have a lot of login attempts from various networks and IP addresses
on my FBSD 4.10 server. I have read the man pages for hosts.deny but
do not understand how to add networks and IP addresses to it.

Let's say I want to block the network address 192.168.100.0 and/or
the IP address 192.168.135.77.

What I understand is when using hosts.deny, I stopping them totally
from using any networking services, right?

Would it be better to let the built-in firewall (/etc/rc.firewall)
to stopping them? I have the firewall activated and have changed
the port for example SSH to a higher one.

Could someone please provide me with some examples on either using
hosts.deny or the default firewall?

A big thanks in advance,
Best Regards Pelle

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAArvdSa/sjb0OI1eLKLXuK1sKAAAAQAAAAnNdJfVuVREajW0jiKTPoYAEAAAAA>