Date:      Sun, 8 Mar 2015 17:40:26 +0800
From:      Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com>
To:        "lev@freebsd.org" <lev@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How could I increase "runaway" timer for package build cluster?

Actually, taking a look at my /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf configuration
file, I see these settings have indeed been exposed for configuration there
without having to touch the poudriere code itself. The appropriate settings
are:

# This defines the max time (in seconds) that a command may run for a build
# before it is killed for taking too long. Default: 86400
#MAX_EXECUTION_TIME=86400

# This defines the time (in seconds) before a command is considered to
# be in a runaway state for having no output on stdout. Default: 7200
#NOHANG_TIME=7200

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods
woodsb02@gmail.com

On 8 March 2015 at 07:00, Ben Woods <woodsb02@gmail.com> wrote:

> You can increase the max_execution_time in /usr/local/share/common.sh
(default 3600 seconds). There are individual timeout values for extract,
install, package and deinstall. These are the maximum values for each stage
(with or without output being produced).

> But more likely, you need to look at the NOHANG_TIME value in the same
common.sh file (default 7200 seconds). This is the one related to having no
output produced (aka "runaway build").

> Someone has previously spoken about exposing these kinds of values for
tweaking in the poudriere configuration files, but I'm not sure it ever
progressed: