Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:39:12 -0700
From:      David Rio Deiros <drio@ics.uci.edu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Handbook (X window system section)

> > /usr/ports/x11-fonts/webfonts</userinput>
> > +    &prompt.root; <userinput>make install clean</userinput>
> > +    </screen>
>
>     Chapter on x11 shouldn't IMO teach the reader about using ports.

Well, in the Type1 section we are teaching the reader in the same way.
So this is why I included that.

> > +    <para>
> > +    Finally, tell the X server that there are new fonts to load:
> > +    </para>
> > +
> > +    <programlisting>FontPath
> > "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/webfonts/"</programlisting>
> >      </sect2>
>
>     What is the reader supposed to do with the text?

Oh.. It would be better:

To tell the X Server that these fonts exist, add an appropriate line
to the XF86Config file (in /etc/ for XFree86 version 3, or in /etc/X11/
for version 4), which reads.............

Does is sound better?

David.