Date:      Wed, 9 Oct 1996 09:06:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 961006-SNAP comments

> > all devices which they don't have.  I think it should be reworded to say
> > "know you don't have", to prevent removal of something important ("syscons
>
> I think that's a reasonable point - I'll do this.

Why are we forcing people who probably have no clue to go mucking with the
device table?  I've done hundreds of FreeBSD installs and the generic kernel
has always booted just peachy with me.  It seems that dumping people into a
fairly unfriendly (granted much better than command line) device editor as the
first thing they do is definatly not a good idea!

-Crh

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich