Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 2000 12:48:06 -0700
From:      "Raymundo M. Vega" <RaymundoVega@home.com>
To:        Joe Konecny <jkonecn@green-mfg.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: blocking web access/allow email

Joe Konecny wrote:

> Is it a pain to block web access and allow email access to
> workstations (running win9x) using my fbsd firewall.  I'm
> thinking that because I'm running DHCP I will have to constantly
> monitor what machine has what ip address and make sure that they
> are blocked.  Then a savy user could enter an address instead
> of the DHCP address.  Any tips?

you can always find a way if as you say  "you are a savy user",
a savy user will get the DHCP address and connect a network
behind a fierwall. lets try the first part of your message, if
you have two sets of users, then you need an IP net addres for each
so  you can distinguish them and set the right acces on the firewall.

raymundo