Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2002 13:36:03 -0600
From:      <kr0nograffik@sasktel.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   broken arp

Hello all,

Okay here is what happened. I have two external boxes. one freebsd and one
windows xp. Okay, I use my ISP's gateway. I changed the address on my
windows xp box to the xxx.xxx.xxx.254(isp gateway) address and got a message
on my freebsd box saying 'ethernet address of xxx.xxx.xxx.254 changed from
:xx:xx:xx:xx(mac address of the gateway) changed to xx:xx:xx:xx(mac address
of the windows xp box). Okay, don't ask me why i did this :-/, but now the
freebsd box can't ping the gateway or send/recieve any traffic. ANY help
would be appreciated :o)

kr0nograffik@sasktel.net