Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 16:41:29 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        wollman@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   rfc 1323 Support

David just uncovered the problem that has prevented me from talking to
other -current machines from behind my slip connection.  It seems that
either the VJ header compression implementation in FreeBSD or that of
the annex I use is not up to snuff with rfc 1323.  The cure to all
of my problems was to do a:

sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.rfc1323=0

I will be talking to the annex gods here at Cal to see what they have to
say about this, but even if it is an annex problem not a FreeBSD SLIP
problem, should this stuff be enabled by default?
__
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1
  Cory | Po | Danube | Volga | Parker | Torus