Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2000 21:05:22 -0800
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        "Ramon G. Ricca" <rricca@columbus.rr.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help with BootEasy...

On Sun, Oct 29, 2000 at 06:01:26PM -0500, Ramon G. Ricca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm relatively new to freebsd and have somehow hosed windows on my
> first partition.  When everything worked I got this message at startup:
>
> F1	Windows
> F2	FreeBSD
> F3	FreeBSD
>
> However,  it was sort of annoying because the second freebsd partition is
> the location of my /home directory (not bootable).

OK, let's get the terminology straight. On your third slice (third
MS-DOS partition), you have one or more FreeBSD partitions, including
/home, but none are bootable.

> So I used boot0cfg to
> mask off the third slice (-m 0x3) and found that it got rid of the third
> slice, except when I try to boot into windows, when I get something like
> the following:
>
> F1	Windows
> F2	FreeBSD
> F3	Disk0

So after you get the first menu above, you then hit 'F1,' which is
supposed to have Windows, but instead you get the second menu show
here? Not good.

> The computer beeps and doesn't boot the first slice, but will boot the
> second (FreeBSD).

Are you saying that you now hit 'F1' again, but it beeps and boots
FreeBSD anyway? Did everything work before you did the boot0cfg?