Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2007 03:42:29 +0100
From:      David Wood <david@wood2.org.uk>
To:        Jaron Parsons <jparsons@sutv.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: freeradius-mysql-1.1.7 error

Hi Jaron (and the list),

In message <47028A92.1020708@sutv.com>, Jaron Parsons
<jparsons@sutv.com> writes
>Ran into a problem installing the freeradius-mysql port today, and
>thought i would share the fix...
>If already reported, my appologies.
>When building begins the following error occurred:
>gmake[4]: .//libtool: Command not found
>
>I edited /usr/ports/net/freeradius-mysql/work/freeradius-1.1.7/Make.inc
>edited this line:
>LIBTOOL      =.//libtool
>
>changed it to this:
>LIBTOOL         = /usr/local/bin/libtool
>
>everything built fine afterwards.
>
>This may or may not be the correct procedure for reporting, or fixing
>this, just felt I would share this with others in case they run into
>it. as well as notifying the maintainer.

Usually, emailing the maintainer is enough. Offering to email (or, even
better, uploading to somewhere the maintainer can obtain) a typescript
and config.log helps too. Use bzip2 or gzip to keep the file sizes down.

I suspect that the m4 / autotools brokenness that has affected the ports
tree in various ways in the past few days is responsible. portsnap or
cvsup your ports tree to the latest versions, then check that devel/m4
is 1.4.9 or 1.4.9,1 (not the broken 1.4.10). Building the latest
versions of devel/libtool15 and devel/libltdl15 wouldn't be a bad idea
either.

Once you've sorted those things out, I'd be surprised if the port
doesn't then build as it is. I'm busy on development work with the port
(and a FreeRADIUS 2.0.0-pre2 port). I haven't made any changes with the
libtool handling, and have built the port numerous times over the last
36 hours on a couple of boxes. With the autotools / m4 stuff brought up
to date, I'm not getting any make failures or libtool related problems
that look like your post.

>OS = FreeBSD 6.2 Stable

I'm using 6.2-RELEASE-p7 i386, but I very much doubt that changes
anything.

Do email me privately with a typescript - see script(1) - and the
contents of config.log in the work directory if you're still having
problems. Run both files through bzip2 first - if you like, tar them
together first. The output of uname -a is also helpful.

Best wishes,

David
--
David Wood