Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:29:49 -0800
From:      Matt_Murphy@mail.amsinc.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help!

I just upgraded to freebsd v2.2.5.  Whenever any network traffic flows in
or out of my Intel Etherexpress 16 NIC my system locks up.  That is, if I
ping any other node on my network or if I get pinged by another node I lock
up.  If I ping myself, I'm OK.  Everything is the same as far as I can tell
except the version of FreeBSD (was on 2.2.2).  I'm still using ie0 driver.
I had to configure the FreeBSD kernal and the NIC (via Intel  softset.exe
utility) to use irq 5 because the default  (irq 10) is used by my Adaptec
PCI SCSI adapter.  This was working fine under 2.2.2.  Any ideas would be
most appreciated...
Thanks
Matt Murphy