Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2013 23:02:36 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Heiner_Strau=DF?= <heiner_ej@yahoo.de>
To:        Kavitha H Yogaraj <ykavitha@uw.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD java installation help!

Am 19.06.2013 um 21:28 schrieb Kavitha H Yogaraj <ykavitha@uw.edu>:

> Hi there,
>=20
> I'm a newbie to FreeBSD, have no idea how to install java in FreeBSD =
OS.
> In the resources available online, its said that fresh ports need to =
be
> used, some other also say that it didn't worked.
>=20

Hi,
you only need to compile and install the right port. For JDK 6 it is =
openjdk6, it will work. Please proceed as described in the handbook. =
Don't use parallel make jobs, it will fail with openjdk.

> Could you please help me out in installing Java -headless (X11) in =
FreeBsd?
>=20

Building headless is an art of its own, you have to ask the openjdk =
people, it is not supported through the FreeBSD port system at the =
moment, at least not for JDK6. Maybe it is easier to build headless with =
JDK 7. Please inform us if you find a solution for headless, I'm very =
interested.
Greetings.

--

Heiner Strau=DF