Date:      Thu, 25 Jul 2002 22:20:32 +0200
From:      "Roger 'Rocky' Vetterberg" <listsub@rambo.simx.org>
Subject:   Re: another question

Eric Dedrick wrote:
>>I dont know why this happens but if its any comfort I have had
>>similar errors on my machine for years.
>>
>>Jul  4 14:40:43 rambo /kernel: arp: 192.168.0.3 is on lo0 but got
>>reply from 00:48:54:50:e4:96 on fxp0
>>Jul  8 15:13:36 rambo /kernel: arp: 192.168.0.1 is on dc1 but got
>>reply from 00:02:e3:14:5a:b6 on fxp0
>>
>>192.168.0.3 is the ip of the machine logging this, 192.168.0.1 is
>>a win machine connected to dc1.
>>Since everything works I havent bothered to look into it.
>

> I had one extra wire I didn't need that had both ep0 and xl0 on the same
> circuit.  Once removed, I didn't get any more errors.

Glad you solved it, but that cant be the problem in my case.
My network looks something like this:

Internet <-> fxp0|FBSD|dc1 <-> Switch <-> Bunch of win machines

Still, somehow, the FBSD complains that some of the ips assigned
to the win machines replys on fxp0 when it should be on dc1.
The FBSD was installed somewhere around 3.0, and has since been
cvsuped and upgraded and is today 4.6, and the errors have been
there all the time.
But, as I said, everything works so I dont really notice them
anymore.