Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2014 21:17:49 +0300
From:      Toms Bergmanis <ditf.robins@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RADEON 7560D works

Sorry, bit of a late response from my side... Anyway, if i compile the
needed stuff from ports with the necessary flags, then i don't receive
any errors. But, for example, when playing video file with mpv "opengl"
and "opengl-hq" presets don't work, only "opengl-old" one works. But
that's probably because of the old code in the video drivers. In the
upcoming weeks i'll try the new DRM 3.8 kernel patch and report my results.

I definitely see myself using FreeBSD as my main system in the future
when the video drivers are a bit more matured (still getting some random
lockups and acceleration missing for =>7xxxx series cards). Could you
tell me what kind of feature in the graphics stack is missing for Radeon
7xxx card users to get acceleration working?

Anyway, good luck guys with the huge work that you're putting into
getting better support for desktop users.

btw, AMD APU users shouldn't install "xf86-video-ati" AND
"xf86-video-vesa" ports. Xorg thinks i have multicard support and
doesn't respond to "radeon" module and accepts only the "vesa" one.