Date:      Mon, 9 Dec 1996 17:22:35 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de, chat@FreeBSD.org, terry@lambert.org
Subject:   Re: siguing into current from a random version

>    In fact, in the history of the project, I don't think it has ever occurred.
> The mistakes I was refering to are botched diffs and incomplete commits.

Isn't and commit, such that a subsequent checkout won't compile
successfully, either incomplete or bothed, by definition?

You can argue that if you checkout while commits are in progress, you
shouldn't be able to expect it to compile.

But what if you checkout while no commits are in progress?  How can
you justify it not compiling then?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---