Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2008 08:16:25 -0700
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Rod <funkyrod@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is JNI (Java Native Interface) Known to Work in Both Directions on FreeBSD (to invoke the JVM from native software)?

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 08:23:52AM +0000, Rod wrote:
> I built the jdk16 originally under a FreeBSD7.0 installation that I had
> updated to 7-Release from pre-release via buildworld/buildkernel.
>
> The output below was from running under a fresh install of
> 7.0-Releaseinstalled from the
> 7.0-Release binaries (from the CDs). I installed the jdk16 that I had built
> under the older buildworlded 7.0-Release onto the fresh binary installed
> 7.0-Release (which I installed clean specifically to investigate this
> problem).
>
> I'm now rebuilding jdk16 under the fresh 7.0-Release to see if that helps.

Sounds like a sensible thing to try.

> Thanks for your help so far everyone - I've posted some further details
> (output log from the invocation test program).
>
> Greg I'm not sure what you're referring to regarding removal of KSE
> syscalls.  What would be the implications in this situation?

My bad, that has only happened in -current not in 7.x, so ignore that.  I
was thinking of a reason that you'd get a SIGSYS (which means you're
invoking a non-existent syscall).  Removal of the KSE syscalls would fit
that, but it hasn't happened in 7.x so that can't be the case.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org