Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 23:06:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      djm@web.us.uu.net (David J. MacKenzie)
To:        fastresolve-bugs@web.us.uu.net, scrappy@hub.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fastresolve 2.8 with DB_File / Berkeley DB3 ...

You do need to have a perl DB_File module linked against the
same version of Berkeley DB that the C program dns-terror
is using.  At our site, by default DB_File is linked against
DB 2.x, but we wanted to access old DB 1.x files from perl
also.  So we made a DB1_File module by copying the sources
to DB_File and renaming the files and doing a search and
replace.  And of course we compile and link it against the
desired version of DB.  You could do the same to make a DB3_File
module.

It is kind of odd that perl doesn't come with this ability.