Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:53:16 +0200 (GMT)
From:      Robin Lunn <robin@is.co.za>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        robert@chalmers.com.au, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: virtual domains

Doug White wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Robert Chalmers wrote:
> > Without having seen any of the list yet, this is the first letter,
> > can FreeBSD do Virtual Domains or Virtual Servers like BSDI, SCO.5 and
> > a few others?
>
> If I understand what you are asking about, yes.  (I think we call it
> "Virtual Hosts")

Virtual domains may imply mail handling for multiple domains such as
here where I am robin@is.co.za and robin@isc.co.za etc.

The mail handling isn't part of the operating system but the mail
transfer agent (sendmail) that is shipped with FreeBSD can certainly
handle mail for multiple domains.

As Doug says, FreeBSD can do IP aliasing too.

--
_ __                  | Only my ideas here unless I say otherwise...
' )  )     /          | (BeamJack@IRC)