Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:24:33 +0100
From:      Victor Balada Diaz <victor@bsdes.net>
To:        Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 10-RC1 ISO image too big

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 12:39:55PM +1030, Shane Ambler wrote:
> On 14/12/2013 20:20, Victor Balada Diaz wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've downloaded FreeBSD-10.0-RC1-amd64-disc1.iso and after trying to burn it
> > on a 700 MB CD I noticed the size will not fit. The ISO size it's roughly 744MB.
> >
> > I would say this is too big for normal CD size (650) and even for the bigger
> > ones (700 MB). I know there are still bigger CD-RW's but they're less common.
> >
> > Is there any plan on trying to reduce the size of the image so it does fit
> > on a 700 MB CD before the release is out?
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> > Regards.
> > Victor.
> >

> Any reason you need cd media?

I think I didn't explain myself very well. Let me explain a little
bit better:

FreeBSD decided to create CD images long time ago and later on
decided to also create DVD images with packages.

As long as the project doesn't decide to stop creating CD images like they
did with floppy disks, this is a regression and should be fixed.

The whole point of the mail was just to point out this regression before
10 it's released.

Regards.
Victor.
--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.