Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:55:06 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Richard Dawes <rdawes@epstais.com>
Subject:   Re: harddisk problem and/or fsck problem?

On Friday 26 March 2004 10:06 am, Richard Dawes wrote:
> Greetings, fellow FreeBSD users!
>
> Everything so far works fine for me, until I drop into single-
> user mode to prep for making world.  Even then, it seems OK,
> except for this alarming output of "fsck -p":

Well, you missed reading something because you are supposed to boot -s
into single user mode. Then, you don't have write access and the fsck
works.

BTW, the whole point of booting into single user mode is to avoid a bad
kernel. When you drop into single user mode, you aren't testing the new
kernel.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart