Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 22:43:05 GMT
From:      Leif Neland <leifn@internet.dk>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't stand /stand/sysinstall, give me normal boot again.

After a crash, I couldn't boot.

I fiddled around with the boot and fixit-floppies, and am now the system can
boot again.
However, it runs /stand/sysinstall instead of the normal startup.

I can mount all disks, and start an emergency shell. I have even compiled
and installed a new kernel, but I can't get rid of /stand/sysinstall

How does fbsd know what to run after boot? Where do I change it to be back to
normal?

This is written from my router-fbsd, not my usual crashed workstation, so
please reply to leifn@internet.dk, if the message headers tells otherwise,
even if I think I have fixed it.

Leif Neland
leifn@internet.dk