Date:      Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:53:42 -0400
From:      Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Coleman Kane <cokane@one.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DEVFS

This is a great idea. We need a good, well drawn out description of
what DEVFS is supposed to accomplish and how we'd like it to work. I
will be glad to help out, and perhaps we can get some movement on this.
Personally, I'd like to see DEVFS completely replace the current system
of nodes in /dev.

One nice feature would also be to be able to define aliases of certain
devices, such as cdrom, modem, etc... I suppose these could get handled
in rc/rc.conf. Also, I really like the idea of being able to create a
'limited' devfs mount for a chroot'd environment.

Adrian Chadd had the audacity to say:

--
Coleman Kane
President,