Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2012 05:01:34 GMT
From:      remko@FreeBSD.org
To:        kuni_kachi@ybb.ne.jp, remko@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/169279: Update kernel problem

Synopsis: Update kernel problem

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: remko
State-Changed-When: Thu Jun 21 05:01:33 UTC 2012
State-Changed-Why:
Hello, first of all thank you for trying to make FreeBSD better! This is
actually not a problem record, but a question from your side which is
can I upgrade from FreeBSD 6.3 to FreeBSD-9 by using the sources? I
believe this is not possible and not supported. You can do intermediate
steps from 6.3 -> 7 -> 8 -> 9. That is a longer proces, but you have to
understand that version 6.x and 9.x have a long period of development
time in between and a lot changed wrt the kernel structure , binaries,
etc. I'd suggest you contact the FreeBSD Questions mailing list
(questions@freebsd.org) and ask for detailed advice or assistance
there.. Goodluck!