Date:      Sat, 3 Dec 2005 09:04:06 -0800
From:      "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Daniel Bye <freebsd-questions@slightlystrange.org>
Subject:   Re: pkgtools-to-portmanager.rb

On Saturday 03 December 2005 08:48, Daniel Bye wrote:
> [...]
> > I thank you for your effort!  Need to make sure that both formats convert
> > BTW:
> >
> > both of these should be allowed, right now only the top method works:
> >
> > 'editors/openoffice*'   =>      'LOCALIZED_LANG=en-US WITH_KDE=1',
> > 'emulators/qemu'        =>      [
> > 	'WITH_KQEMU=1',
> > 	'WITH_SOMETHING=1',
> > 	],
> >
> > -Mike
>
> Yep, the new patch handles both - I use both formats in my pkgtools.conf
> file, and the created file is correct.  For example:
>
> MAKE_ARGS = {
>       'www/mod_php4*' => [
>             'WITH_BZIP2=yes',
>             'WITH_CTYPE=yes',
>             'WITH_MYSQL=yes',
>             'WITH_OVERLOAD=yes',
>             'WITH_PCRE=yes',
>             'WITH_POSIX=yes',
>             'WITH_SESSION=yes',
>             'WITH_TOKENIZER=yes',
>             'WITH_XML=yes',
>             'WITH_ZLIB=yes',
>             'WITH_GETTEXT=yes',
>             'WITH_ICONV=yes',
>             'WITH_IMAP=yes',
>             'WITH_MCRYPT=yes',
>             'WITH_MHASH=yes',
>             'WITH_OPENSSL=yes',
>             'WITH_OPENLDAP=yes',
>             ],
>       'textproc/ispell*' => 'ISPELL_BRITISH=yes',
>       'mail/exim*' => [
>         'WITH_MYSQL=1',
>       ],
>       'net/samba*' => [
>         'BATCH=yes',
>         'WITH_UTMP=yes',
>         'WITH_SYSLOG=yes',
>         'WITHOUT_CUPS=yes',
>         'WITH_RECYCLE=yes',
>       ],
>       'courier-imap*' => 'WITH_MYSQL=1',
>       'mail/courier-authlib*' => 'WITH_MYSQL=1',
>   }
>
> converts to:
>
> mail/courier-authlib*|WITH_MYSQL=1 |
> courier-imap*|WITH_MYSQL=1 |
> www/mod_php4*|WITH_BZIP2=yes WITH_CTYPE=yes WITH_MYSQL=yes
> WITH_OVERLOAD=yes WIT H_PCRE=yes WITH_POSIX=yes WITH_SESSION=yes
> WITH_TOKENIZER=yes WITH_XML=yes WITH_ ZLIB=yes WITH_GETTEXT=yes
> WITH_ICONV=yes WITH_IMAP=yes WITH_MCRYPT=yes WITH_MHAS H=yes
> WITH_OPENSSL=yes WITH_OPENLDAP=yes |
> net/samba*|BATCH=yes WITH_UTMP=yes WITH_SYSLOG=yes WITHOUT_CUPS=yes
> WITH_RECYCLE =yes |
> mail/exim*|WITH_MYSQL=1 |
> textproc/ispell*|ISPELL_BRITISH=yes |
>
> I can foresee problems with this default entry in pkgtools.conf:
>
> AFTERINSTALL = {
>   '*' => proc { |origin|
>            cmd_restart_rc(origin)
>   },
> }
>

> It converts to this:
>
> START|/* #<Proc:0x000000000055ce70@/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:378>|
>
> And my guess would be that, as the Ruby instance that creates the file
> has gone away, the address of the Proc object will be freed.  Dunno what

isn't a problem, it ends up being ignored because

|/* #<Proc:0x000000000055ce70@/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:378>

doesn't convert to a ports directory.

I just tested your patch, works perfect!  Saves me from having to learn ruby
for another while yet, thanks much!  I'm testing another bug fix reported by
someone else so when done with that I'll include this so it will be in
version 0.3.9_6.  Should be in the ports tree tonight but I'll send you a
patch to drop into portmanager/files just in case it takes awhile to get into
the ports tree.

-Mike