Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 2009 21:31:40 +0100
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tandberg RDX QuikStor

Wojciech Puchar ha scritto:
>> Hello.
>> Has anyone been using the above (either USB or SATA)?
>> Do they work with FreeBSD?
>
> i don't see a reason it should not.

Although they are HD, they are sold as tape replacement.
I was told they are seen as tapes and last time I checked only SCSI
tapes were supported by FreeBSD.

The whole thing might however not hold and they could be seen for what
they are: just hard disks.

This is another good question...

> anyway - it's cardridges are more expensive than ordinary hard disks -
> doesn't make sense.

On the cost you are right; they justify this with higher reliability.
Whether this is true or not, I don't know.

  bye & Thanks
	av.