Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 11:16:38 -0500
From:      "Brent J. Nordquist" <nordquist@platinum.com>
To:        soren@ambiguity.i-2.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port of gdbm 1.7.3 to FreeBSD uploaded

| "Brent J. Nordquist" said:
|
| >I placed in in ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/gdbm-1.7.3.tar.gz.
| >This was an extremely straightforward port; no work Makefile or code
| >changes were required.  I just had to develop the top-level Makefile
| >and the package files.
| >
| >There was only one issue of concern:  FreeBSD 2.1 appears to ship with
| >a /usr/include/ndbm.h.  However, a man -k on dbm and ndbm reveals
| >nothing of interest, and there don't appear to be any dbm libraries.
| >Does FreeBSD have dbm/ndbm support?
|
| 	checking out that include file seems to indicate that it uses db
| to imitate ndbm.
|
| Soren

Thanks for that info!  So I guess someone has to decide whether it
would be better to have gdbm provide that emulation.
--
Brent J. Nordquist      PLATINUM technology, inc. (ViaTech Development Lab)
nordquist@platinum.com  2600 Eagan Woods Dr., Suite 410, Eagan, MN  55121-1152

Voice +1 612 688-3033   If you can keep your head when all about you are
Vmail +1 708 620-5116   losing theirs, you clearly don't understand the
      (ext. 7806)       situation.