Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 1995 15:25:05 -0500
From:      Jerry Alexandratos <alexandr@louie.udel.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   More Console Questions

So I baraged everyone with questions about PCVT last week.  This week,
it's something similar but different.

If you will recall I was asking about the escape strings that you need
to use to change terminal colors.  First I want to thank everyone for
their input.  It works great.

However, I've got another question now.  Suppose I want to do the same
thing on a system using SYSCON?  I can get it to echo the colors, but
I can't get them to stay.  My guess is that the syscon driver isn't
allowed to accept escape sequences that will change anything (think of
this as protection against ANSI bombs).

Under PCVT you can enable an option to allow you to do this.  Is there
a similar option for syscon?

As always thanks in advance and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

        --Jerry

8) Jerry Alexandratos          % - %   "Nothing inhabits my    (8
8) alexandr@louie.udel.edu     % - %    thoughts, and oblivion (8
8) darkstar@strauss.udel.edu   % - %    drives my desires."    (8