Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:37:54 -0800
From:      dalverson@utech.net (Dennis Alverson)
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installation question.

I have had problem installing FreeBSD 2.2.5 from CD.

I boot from a floppy, and after setting up a 1 GB SCSI drive with a FreeBSD
bootable partition, I proceed to install from CD.  I have a SCSI CDROM drive
being accessed through an Adaptec 2540 SCSI controller.  The installation
begins ok and several of the bin.* files are read from the bin directory on
the installation CD.  It get about 20% into the installation and halts with
an error saying:

Failing to find bin/bin.ap on this media.  Reinitializing media...

After rebooting to Windows 95, I examined the installation CD to see if the
bin.ap file was on the CD in the appropriate directory and it is.

I tried the installation twice to no avail.  I can't understand why it is
able to find the initial bin files and not bin.ap, which is located in the
same place, unless I have a bad CD.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dennis Alverson