Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2000 11:34:12 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Mikko_Ty=F6l=E4j=E4rvi?= <mikko@dynas.se>
Cc:        Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>, pirat@access.inet.co.th, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: build wine fail

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 02:58:15PM -0700, Mikko Työläjärvi wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, Jan Grant wrote:
>
> > Just a thought here:
> >
> > People seem to be getting different results using the same sources for
> > wine.
> >
> > The problem occurs in a .y file.
> >
> > What yacc-a-like are folks using? Bison? Byacc? Are their behaviours
> > different for the construct:
> > 	{ unsemicoloned-C-statement }
> > ?
>
> I had sort-of arrived at a similar conclusion, although I was looking
> for changes made to /usr/share/mk/* (As I was under the assumption
> that this particular wine version had buildable on a stock FreeBSD,
> and that some change to FreeBSD has made it fail.)
>
> Anyway, "make YACC='bison -y'" seems to do the trick.  As would a
> similar definition in /etc/make.conf.
>
> But the real fix is of course to order and install Wine spare part
> no. X67-98F87879 (A semicolon).

ROFL

I built wine again, capturing the output and:

===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for wine-2000.05.26
===>  Configuring for wine-2000.05.26
creating cache ./config.cache

[snip]

checking for bison... bison -y
checking for flex... flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes

[snip]

cd `dirname wrc/__depend__` && make depend
bison -y  -d -t ./parser.y
bison -y  -bppy -ppp -d -t ./ppy.y
flex -Cf -d -Ppp -8 -olex.ppl.c ./ppl.l
../../tools/makedep -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -C. dumpres.c  genres.c  newstruc.c  preproc.c  readres.c  utils.c  wrc.c  writeres.c  parser.y parser.l -C. ppy.tab.c lex.ppl.c

So my system is using bison(1) by default. I am neither specifying
``YACC='bison -y''' with make(1) nor do I have a reference to
bison(1) in /etc/make.conf, which begs the question; why is my system
using ``bison -y'' by default and other peoples' systems aren't? Could
it be that ``configure'' isn't finding bison(1) and therefore using
yacc(1) instead? Highly unlikely I would have thought since bison(1)
is in /usr/bin.

Thoughts?

--
  If I buy a copy of WinDelete, and it doesn't delete Windows,
  am I entitled to my money back?