Date:      Tue, 14 Dec 1999 03:56:44 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syscons extension: "propellers"

> I have never programmed a KLD before (though I will have a
> look into this when I have some spare time left), but it is
> my understanding that KLDs are appropriate for parts of the
> kernel which can be reasonably easy separated from the rest
> of the kernel.  This is not the case for the propellers code.
> Well, it could possibly be done, but it would require some
> major design changes to syscons.

Indeed, so I'd also suspected and more the reason to do so,
right?  It would make possible many other types of "dashboard"
controls as well.  Skins for syscons!  I can see it now!  Haha!
[he laughs hysterically as several burly guys in white medical
gowns leap out of a panel van, wielding hypodermic needles
and various restraints].

> By the way, is there interest in giving the "Print Screen"
> key an appropriate meaning, i.e. capturing a screenshot?

Sure, that sounds kind of interesting too. :)

- Jordan