Date:      Sat, 06 Oct 2001 21:29:29 +0200
From:      Christoph Sold <cheasy@web.de>
To:        Andrey Simonenko <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Solved: XFree86  4.1.0 xf86cfg dumps core, config file needed

For the record, I noted all the things tried to get GeForce 2 boards to
work.

Andrey Simonenko wrote:

> [...]

I was not able to get xf86cfg to work in graphics mode, nor was xf86cfg
able to produce working XF86config files in text mode. Neither VESA nor
VGA driver are compatible with GeForce 2 GTS graphics boards.

I was able to get a working configuration file using "XFree86
-configure". The nv driver gets selected andf configured automatically.

To get a working screen layout and configuration, I copied the driver
section of that config file into the xf86cfg-generated config file.

Now X works, although 3D acceleration isnow working.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help.

-Christoph Sold