Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 2002 13:52:14 -0600
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Patched openssh

	I thought it was a good time to update my ports
collection so I got the latest ports.tar.gz file from
Freebsd/ports.

	It appears to have the latest openssh distribution so I
figured I would do as little harm as possible to the running
system and try a make to be sure it was going to be able to build
the new openssh.  After that, I could stop the existing sshd and
install the new version.  I went to /usr/ports/security/openssh
and did a make (no install) and here is what happened.

===>  Extracting for openssh-3.0.2_1
>> Checksum OK for openssh-3.0.2.tgz.
>> Checksum OK for openbsd28_3.0.2.patch.
===>  Patching for openssh-3.0.2_1
===>  Applying distribution patches for openssh-3.0.2_1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for openssh-3.0.2_1
3 out of 3 hunks failed--saving rejects to channels.c.rej
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to channels.h.rej
11 out of 12 hunks failed--saving rejects to session.c.rej
>> Patch patch-cookie failed to apply cleanly.
>> Patch(es) patch-aa patch-ab patch-ac patch-ad patch-ae patch-af patch-ag patch-ah patch-ai patch-aj patch-ak patch-al patch-am patch-an patch-ao patch-ap patch-ar patch-as patch-at patch-au patch-av patch-channels.c applied cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssh.
*** Error code 1

Game over!  I must have done something seriously wrong.  This is
FreeBSD4.4.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Center for Computing and Information Services Network Operations Group