Date:      Wed, 26 Jul 1995 10:53:47 MDT
From:      steve@khoros.unm.edu (Steven Jorgensen)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Machine Specs

	I'm looking to put together a pentium system running Freebsd 2.0.5
	I have little experience with PCI and pentium systems, so I wanted
	to ask what works well with Freebsd and what I should be leary of.

	o I'd like information on which chipset to get (Is triton good?)

	o A fast and good PCI video card that can do 1280x1024 x 24bit.
	  I'll settle for 8bit at that resolution, but I'd like to run
	  a TrueColor Xserver at that resolution if I can.

	o Which PCI scsi controller for fast a stable performance.

	o Are there good PCI ethernet cards that are supported, or
	  should I go with an ISA one?

	Thanks for any help.

						Steve

Steven Jorgensen      steve@khoral.com	     steve@kaos.com
Khoral Research Inc.	      | PHONE: (505) 837-6500
6001 Indian School, Suite 200 | FAX:   (505) 881-3842
Albuquerque, NM 87110	      | URL: http://www.khoral.com/