Date:      Wed, 07 Jun 2000 17:18:06 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Passive mode for ftp

OK, it is not passive mode as such that seems to be problem.

Suppose I do:
ftp ftp.freebsd.org
and log on as anonymous.  When I type
ls
I get the messages
500 'EPSV': command not understood.
500 'LPSV': command not understood.
Passive mode refused.

This worked in earler versions of FreeBSD 4.0, even when I had
a firewall.

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
Department of Mathematics, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211